Saturday, October 18, 2008

Family Ties...

I had a list of topics i made yesterday eager to discuss this morning...
but none of which are greater than expressing the ecstatic feeling i have about how i spent my yesterday. It started with a regular day of work... yadda yadda ya.... I ventured out & caught up with one of the best. Since unfortunately i wasnt able to catch his open mic ("SPIT THAT") thursday nite i think our entire day of conversation, music and poetry should suffice. Making that train ride back to harlem an easier pill to swallow. to the public he's better known as RIP the Ruler, but to me he's Jaime my oldest boy. We spoke on all the recent events that have empowered yet devestated our lives realizing that we are two minds that are intellectually standing on the same cliff, we groped all facits politics, media, careers, hustle, relationships, creative talent you name it. No stone left unturned, theres nothing more refreshing to me than a tall glass of combative & meaningful dialogue. A blood lust I have sought after for quite some time. A trip down memory lane (art&design h.s. holllaa!!!) found us at the the mouth of the trainstation, where we parted ways with an agreement to stay connected and a pledged allegiance to the planetarium. Mind bending days like those keep me sane and grounded. Only thing missing was a cold flute of riesling, guacamole & tostitos.
With that sed make sure to show major love to my boy, the omnipitant [ RIP ] at his weekly spoken word/poetry (whichever tickles ur intrest) slam every thursday nite at the YUME in BROOKLYN. Surely you'll find me there & who knows maybe one day I will be ballsy enough to get up and drop something....hmmm... never know!!!
Peep the flyer below for info...




[BB]

0 comments: